65 2" cowl induction Hood - Chevelle Tech
Chevelle Tech General Tech Area
Please try and post in specific forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 21st, 05, 9:17 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

65 2" cowl induction Hood

I would like any opinions on fiberglass hoods. I really like the look of the cowl induction but they don't make a steel hood for the 65. I was thinking of going with one that would take the factory hardware. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 21st, 05, 9:56 PM
jay
Tech Team
jay

Re: 65 2" cowl induction Hood

I bought a Glasstek for my 65. It uses stock hinges and latch. The springs need to be changed to lighter ones ,other than that, it's a direct bolt on.

1965 malibu
gen v 454 4spd
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 21st, 05, 10:15 PM
Tech Team

glasstek is the only way to go e mail me if you want pics of mine.. NOt any adjustments needed on mine.. just scuff and paint...

Brian

Brian
64 chevelle frame off...383 w/scat crank ..195 AFR heads 3.73 w/ eaton posi. 12.45 @ 108.6 mph 1.80 60ft
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/809526 Updated 3/20/08
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 21st, 05, 10:20 PM
Tech Team

Cool Re: 65 2" cowl induction Hood

I have a 2" cowel hood on my 65 chevelle and it is fiberglass.It fits like s_ _ t and has bowed in the middle from wind coming through the grill.I purchased it from unlimited fiberglass products.It bolts too the original hood hinges and is pinned in the front. I will never use another fiberglass hood. I have talked to a company named CLASSIC CHEVROLET PARTS,INC in Oklahoma city and they make steel cowl hoods for 66 and up chevelles. They are coming out with cowl hoods for 65 chevelles next year sometime.Give them a call or email them about buying one the more people that wants them the faster they will come out. ( 1-800-354-4040 ) or www.classicchevroletparts.com
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 21st, 05, 11:57 PM
Tech Team
Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO65
I have a 2" cowel hood on my 65 chevelle and it is fiberglass.It fits like s_ _ t and has bowed in the middle from wind coming through the grill.I purchased it from unlimited fiberglass products.It bolts too the original hood hinges and is pinned in the front. I will never use another fiberglass hood. I have talked to a company named CLASSIC CHEVROLET PARTS,INC in Oklahoma city and they make steel cowl hoods for 66 and up chevelles. They are coming out with cowl hoods for 65 chevelles next year sometime.Give them a call or email them about buying one the more people that wants them the faster they will come out. ( 1-800-354-4040 ) or www.classicchevroletparts.com
i know glasstek is pretty good, but this is the reason i waited for almost a year for the 67 steel ones to come out.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 05, 5:55 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Rob

I have a Glasteck on my 66 and the fit sucks. It is bowed and won't flatten out.

I'm going with a Goodmark steel unit.

1966 Chevelle Malibu 489, 870 Holley, Edelbrock RPM Air Gap, aluminum heads Patriot 315, TH 400 Gearvendors OD/UD, 12" disks up front and 9 inch with 3.50s.

1966 Chevelle wagon, 408 SB, 3.73 12 bolt, 700R4, 12" discs front 10" rear.

1968 GMC 3 door Suburban C10 454 4L80E EFI

All for sale.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.