Team Chevelle banner

1970 A/C Vacuum Canister Type

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Robinls5 
#1 ·
Which would be correct for an 04A Kansas El Camino with a/c, the 'bean can' style, or the round plastic ball? I have both, and not sure which one to use. Thanks!

#2 · (Edited)
My 70 El Camino, January 70 Kansas City built, 350 two barrel carb car has the bean can vacuum canister. Flat black for a color, or maybe just faded on my car. For me, its all coming out because I'm told the old R12 air conditioner will cost a small fortune to restore only to wind up with a mediocre system compared to a more modern Vintage Air system.

My car will not be a show car . . . I just need cold air here in Louisiana as a semi-regularly driven car. But I do understand your need for parts correctness though.

Rick

Attachments

#4 ·
My one owner March built El Camino has , " What I call " The Dinty Moore Beef Stew Can. If you want or need a BRAND NEW tin can, That is a perfect match. MOPAR dealer, They were on Jeeps Cherokees. I saw one at a junk yard and then went to MOPAR Dlr. and ordered a new one for my Elky.
Trivia: I converted my driver ( 70 SS 454 Nomad Wgn. with stock C-60 A/C to R-134)
You need two items, 1= Convert your P.O.A. valve to R-134-$20/30.00
2= Install a perfect factory fit (70-72) parallel flow condenser.(from the Tampa guys). P.S. the new P. Flow condenser from Tampa uses all the STOCK 70-72 nuts-bolts-brackets-and org. A/C lines and fittings. :thumbsup: no chainsaw needed!
The above two changes and a 48 Oz. charge of R-134 to your stock C-60 unit will equal 43 degrees out of the center vent.
Bob

Reactions: LeoP
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.