electrical hell!!!!!!!!!!!! - Chevelle Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical problems.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 05, 1:47 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Angry electrical hell!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am having a hell of a time with the wiring on this car. ill try to make it as short as possible. first off neither of my tail lights work, one brake light out, when car is put into gear, erratic idle,volt gauge bounces back and forth,lights dim with idle,gauge lights dont work. my gauges (autometer tach,speedo,fuel level)are hooked into the flat blade connector in the taillight circuit, when i put a fuse in, it either pops instantly or may last 5-10 min. my cd player cuts on and off randomly(drives me insane when im jammin' some social distortion) ive tried finding a bare wire or some sort of short somewhere, nothing, i just got a multi-tester to try to chase it but not really sure how to use it effectively. wirning isnt really my strong point, saving for new complete harness, need suggetions to help right now so johnny law isnt on my @$$ anymore. this is my daily driver. oh yeah its a 69 malibu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 05, 1:57 PM
Hey You!

Re: electrical hell!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd first unplug the flat blade connector off the tail light connector. With a good fuse does the tail lights come on? If not, is there 12 volts on both sides of the tail light fuse? Could be dirty fuse clips. The dash lights won't work without first getting the tail lights to work.

Yo-ho Yo-ho a pirate's life for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.