Team Chevelle banner

1970 Wiring Help Needed

1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Robinls5 
#1 ·
I have decided to install my new M&H wiring harness myself. I have everything done from the rear to the firewall. Fuse blocks installed, sweep dash installed. I have a laminated wiring diagram. Most all the under hood wiring is in place.

My question that I can't figure out on the wiring diagram. There is a rubber wiring channel fastened to the firewall & riveted to that is a relay or some electrical part. It has 3 connectors. I can't figure out what this is. Old wires are to discolored.

1970 2 door coupe.

#9 ·
TCS= Transmission Controlled Spark. 1970 Emission control feature. I don't need that. I did the search feature. I just did not know what to search for. The carburetor on my BBC is a Pro Systems w/ no choke.

Thanks for the help.
JB

#10 ·
Yup TCS. There will also be an extension that heads over to the front of the intake and a green heading over to the pass side temp sensor (2 prong). At the transmission the plug at the kickdown will have 2 leads on it.

#13 ·
If you attach the T.C.S. relay to the " Gutter " . What I did to FAKE the two org. factory rivets,,,, Get two 8/32 /10/32 Machine screws ??? Stick them in a die grinder, Turn on your bench grinder, Grind the machine screw so the head looks like a rivet, polish with scotch brite, A little clear laquer on the head.
Slide the machine screws through the relay & the gutter, With a toothpick drop a little loc/tight on the threads, Run the nut on !
Did this 10--12 years ago on my 70-LS-5... It is still just beautiful.:thumbsup:
Many ways to do this. It worked for me.
Bob

Reactions: lloydg1
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.