Team Chevelle banner

Turn signal switch

370 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Malibu ss 64 
#1 ·
Had my car inspected yesterday. Had a electrical problem with rear flasher and brake lights if you used brake light and flasher at same time one side didnt work and the other made both fluctate. If used separate the worked just fine. Thought it was ground at the taillights since I had car repainted last winter but know it worked as supposed when I assembled tail lights since I had it checked for function. Spent 1.5 hour at the inspection parking lot to fix the problem. After lot of headschratsing I found that the turn signal switch was causing the problem put a extra ground wire from the screw that holds the leveler to ground and it works. Is it the switch or can paint be the problem? The switch do feel little loose and belive it has been much tighter just a couple of says ago. Maybe the car inspector was little hard handel? Repainted the column years ago so there paint inside since I didnt masked it very well but never had this problem before? I almost 100% sure I have a bpc switch how good are the repros if I need to replace it? Also think Im gooing to replace the rear wiring harness, same here is repro of good quality? I have all metall bulb sockets are repro harnesses using plastic?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.