The 68-72 hideaway wiper system.
1. Wiper switch. (grounds the three attached wires as follows)
Light Blue- grounded in Low-speed and Hi-speed positions.
Black- grounded in Low-speed and Off positions.
Dark Blue- grounded when pushed for washer pump operation.
2. Run solenoid. The Light Blue wire is grounded to lock out the park (mechanically prevents the wipers from being driven to the park position) and close the run/park switch.
3. Shunt winding. This winding is parallel to the armature winding.
4. Series winding. This winding is in series with the armature and shunt windings.
5. Run/Park switch. Closed when the run solenoid is energized (Light Blue wire grounded) or when the run solenoid is de-energized and wipers are not in park position.
6. Wash pump start coil. When the Dark Blue wire is grounded this coil latches the wash pump for one cycle.
7. Shunt winding resistor. Grounds the shunt winding during high-speed operation, bypassed (Black wire grounded) during low-speed and park.
8. Wiper motor fuse (25 amp) in fuse block. Has +12 VDC when ignition switch is in run or accessory position.