Team Chevelle banner

'70 ss dash w/ gauges wiring diagram???

38K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  clm69 z28 
#1 ·
I am trying to find a wiring diagram for my '70 SS dash with gauges???

This wiring diagram is not in my '70 GM service manual, '70 GM assembly manual, '70 Fisher body manual or in my Chiltons manual. Only idiot light dash wiring diagrams are shown in all of these???

Please help, as I am getting ready for the big "DASH PULL" this winter, to get all dash componets working again as they should.:D

#3 ·
Does anybody even sell the wiring diagrams for '70 SS dash with gauges???:confused:

Not only would the dash wiring be different, but the "forward lamp" harness would be different with gauges as well.

I can't believe that none of my GM manuals or Chilton manual has the wiring diagrams for '70's with gauges???:D

#7 ·
Thanks Robert, but I was hoping that someone would make a more detailed wiring diagram for '70 SS dash with gauges.

There is alot of rigging behind my dash and many of my gauges don't work. I am trying to make sure that every thing is right before I install my newly rebuilt gauges.

Also the wiring colors for the "forward lamp" harness with gauges are different than idiot light wire colors. I want to make sure this is correct as well.

#11 ·
http://www.firstgenmc.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=691&ppuser=8&sl=a not sure if that works if not here is a straight link http://www.firstgenmc.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=691&ppuser=8&sl=a . If its the idot light dash the printed board will not have tabs in those spots.
Thanks Robert.

The car has gauges and not idiot lights.

Very interesting, that the gauge pac wiring connector has no grounds coming in thru it!!!

Do you know how many ground wires come out of the dash harness behind the gauge pac(3???) . Also, of these (3???) ground wires, how many go to the gauge pac cluster metal housing (1 to the clock housing, out side of the PCB)???

#18 ·
Thanks Stan:beers:, but that one is also for '70 SS round gauge dash with idiot lights. You can tell, as the printed circut board connector for the gauges has two missing wires from the black plastic connector.

On '70 SS dash with gauges, all of the "ports" on the black plastic connector for the printed circut board are fully filled up (no empty holes).

I am starting to think that GM never published a wiring diagram for these dashes with working gauges. All of my info is for SS dashes with idiot lights.

#19 ·
I know this is an older thread but thought I would add this. I just bought a 70 /71 wiring diagram(s) in colour from www.classiccarwiring.com. Nice piece; laminated correct colour codes and even got, power windows, seats, A/C wiring diagrams. AND it has the gauges!!!!!

#21 ·
I believe that the wiring diagrams are correct for the SS dash gauges; it's just that the "wiring" diagram does not include the printed circuit information due to the fact it is not wiring. You would need to look at the connecting plug pin information at that point to have the complete wiring system.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.