Anyone Have Pics Of 69 Buckets In A 67? - Chevelle Tech
Interiors Upholstery and soft trim

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 17, 9:08 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Chris

Anyone Have Pics Of 69 Buckets In A 67?

I might be losing more originality in the future,in favor of comfort.
Im leaning towards using 69 buckets in my 67.
Has anyone done this and have pics of it?

GenVI 454,Autogear M-22W,Moser 12 w/3.42s

'67 Malibu,468 w/powerglide

Project-
http://www.chevelles.com/forums/142-...esto-67-a.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 17, 10:10 PM
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage
Re: Anyone Have Pics Of 69 Buckets In A 67?

Not sure if you are aware but the 69 seat is the same seat as 69-72. Just covers are different. There are plenty of interior pictures on CHEVELLESTUFF. in many different colors.you might want to think about the sport covers and buns that are made for 69- 72 seats. As a matter of fact I believe they are made for 67 seats as well. They give the larger side bolsters which are s aid to be more supportive and comfortable.
There was a thread a month or so ago where I believe someone was inquiring about those sport covers for a 67. Some members have them and could maybe give you feedback and pictures.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 17, 11:50 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72LS3Z27 View Post
I might be losing more originality in the future,in favor of comfort.
Im leaning towards using 69 buckets in my 67.
Has anyone done this and have pics of it?
The seats in 66-67 are amazingly comfortable IMHO. Sure, they don't have headrests but that doesn't have anything to do with comfort.

I even think the 66-67 seats are better looking. LOL, just food for thought.

67 Chevelle, original 283/powerglide Malibu hardtop Coupe. 454/T56 in progress

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 17, 7:13 AM
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage

So do you already have buckets in the 67? If not many seats could be installed and you could get seat covers custom made in the 67 style.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 17, 8:46 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Chris

I have the original bench seat right now.
And,I really didnt want to change it.But its gone from uncomfortable to getting worse,lol.
I have never sat in 67 buckets.I guess I could ask a guy at a car show next time.
I wouldnt want the headrests anyway.I might look into those sport foams for the 67.
I would have to aquire a set of frames though.I see them going for 500-600 around here in need of rebuild,but complete.

GenVI 454,Autogear M-22W,Moser 12 w/3.42s

'67 Malibu,468 w/powerglide

Project-
http://www.chevelles.com/forums/142-...esto-67-a.html
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 17, 11:36 AM
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage

Searich the following thread in this forum " TMI Interior". In that thread Rambo posts a couple pics of some 67 buckets he restored with the sport covers. I think Rambo has done a few sets of seats with the sport covers. I know he has commented on them in a few threads.
Of course there is always the pro car seats which are less expensive but you can't get those with covers to match a 67 interior. Maybe matching the interior is not important to you? Those that have them say they are quite comfortable and supportive.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 17, 11:53 AM
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage

Also not sure if it is TMI but I thought someone sold the entire bucket seat already covered with the sport covers and I believe the 67 seat style was available.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 17, 12:26 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by blm View Post
Searich the following thread in this forum " TMI Interior". In that thread Rambo posts a couple pics of some 67 buckets he restored with the sport covers. I think Rambo has done a few sets of seats with the sport covers. I know he has commented on them in a few threads.
Of course there is always the pro car seats which are less expensive but you can't get those with covers to match a 67 interior. Maybe matching the interior is not important to you? Those that have them say they are quite comfortable and supportive.
Actually you can get the procars with matching Chevelle covers now... OPG sells them...
TMI also sells an aftermarket reclining "modern" seat that has factory-ish covers on them- I have not seen these in person, bu they are tempting. I am inclined to like them more than the procar style which are a lot smaller than the factory seats were.. They look ok in camaros and mustangs, but seem really small in a Chevelle.

These are the TMI "pro-Series" 1967 chevelle complete seats:
Search results for: 'Pro-series 1967 Chevelle'

They wind up being about the same price as restoring original seats...
But There is something to be said for having original seats in these cars... But as the number of available of seat cores dries up and their cost continues to goes up, I imagine those aftermarket seats w/ stock style covers will begin appearing more and more.

Personally I am not a big fan of the big side bolster option seat cover/bun sets on the original seats... Legendary and TMI both make them, and I've installed both.

I still prefer the stock seats when done right with the good, soft ACI Buns- and that is what is going on the bucket seats in my own car in a few weeks- Legendary Covers & ACI buns.

I will say that when deciding what to do in my car, I really REALLY looked hard at those TMI Pro-Series buckets. In the end i went with what I know will look and feel right in the car.

Anyway- sorry for the long winded reply...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.