Team Chevelle banner

67 bench seat

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Will.boreing 
#1 ·
So I'm having a really tough go finding a bench seat for the 67.

I was wondering if there were other models that did the split bench style seat that would work and possibly be a less expensive alternative.

I looked through the threads and didn't find anything

#2 ·
Chevelle split Bench seats 64-70 are all basically the same dimentions, and covers will fit for any of those years.

64-66 seats do not have a seat back lock. 67-70 have seat back locks.

71-72 bench seats have the same lower cushion, but the upper cushion is a different design & shape and earlier year covers won't fit.

Some of the Buick Oldsmobile Pontiac A-body bench seats are also the same... those will all bolt into the car correctly, but some had a center armrest, and the chevelle covers won't fit those.

Bench seats are all over the place, usually priced from free to about $250+ or so for useable as-is seat.

where are you located? I know where there is a 69 chevelle bench seat that could be had for free (the mouse piss soaked cotton inside it is also free! LOL)

....wouldn't want to try and ship one though!

#4 ·
Those Bench seats will ship via Greyhound if you take the tracks off, and unbolt the backs put them on top of the cushion and box it up, I have bought many seats that way. The only thing is you will have to go to the bus statin to pick it up.
A lot cheaper to ship that way too.

#9 ·
Grey hound is near UPS as well... I live in the sticks, lol... The reason I never ship is it usually takes 2 trips, one for the shipping quote, and then to ship it after i do yet another search for a box. I don't make any money of selling it, so I offer free pick up on stuff like this to help people out.

The one for $100 out of the 70 sounds like the best bet. Mine is out of my 67 so I know it fits, and I will never use it...

#10 ·
My O'Rielly's tells me that they can order any color of SEM paint that they make, so, if you can find the correct color on SEM's site I'm sure that if you have a local O'Rielly's you could probably do the same...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.