Team Chevelle banner

Cup holders!

9K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  bull600 
#1 ·
An important item! What are you all doing for cup holders? I'd like to incorporate something into the console.

#10 ·
I know there isn't a ton of depth in that area, but the silver metal console insert could possibly be made to work. Find a cup holder insert from a donor car that could be used. Create a hole and fit the insert in. May only be able to fit one, but maybe a second if you made the holes one in front of the other. For me I would be too worried about spilling something.

#13 ·
I usually just use the storage compartment of the console. Have to leave the console lid up but no big deal. I don't store much in the console so if I add a rag I can ball it up to help support my coffee or whatever.

Reactions: BTK
#16 ·
I too do like BLM and just leave the console cover open on mine. In my 68 I use an Ausleys catalog rolled in to half with it being toward the rear. Makes the size just right for my morning Bubba cup of Coffee. In the 67 I just use as is. It is slightly more narrow - just have to hold off on the burn-outs and super quick take-offs..... cant imagine modifying either but I think there is a aftermarket version available that will fit in the ashtray slot...

#17 ·
I think this is somewhat related. IIRC the glove box door on my 69 has two indents for drinks to sit on. However I believe that is more for a drive in restaurant type of thing. A lot of cars back in the day had the glove box door thing for drinks. Kinda pre cup holders.

Reactions: BTK
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.