Re: LM7 swap
I am going to assume you only have the engine. You don't indicate you have anything else.
- You will need a set of engine mounts and exhaust for the set up. Edelbrock makes one and so do others.
- You will need a transmission, preferrably one that came with a 5.3 (assumes you want an auto). If you want a manual, you will need that, new mount, some fab work on the floor pan, clutch set up or purchase hydralic clutch set up.
- You need the accessories up front, you can usually buy the set from a recycling yard. If you have (or want AC), you will need new lines to connect to the factory system (assumes you have that). Need to get the starter as well.
- From what I have read, the truck pan should fit a Chevelle. If not, you may need an F-body pan instead.
- You will need the engine and transmission harness from an 07 up. I think 07 is when the cam phasing came out, so you need a harness that has that.
- You will need electric fuel pump, filter, and regulator for 43-45 psi. No return line is required.
- You will need to adapt the coolant outlet from the water pump to a Chevelle style radiator. Water pump exists on the passenger side perpendicular to the radiator. you will need to plumb it to the driver's side.
- Electric fans
That's major stuff, you will need additional items like fuel line connections, power wiring, grounds, misc bolts, etc.
Depending on your skills, time, $$ - this can be done in a garage. If you want to pay someone to do it, start collecting all the above parts and provide everything for them to do the labor. Needing all this will exceed $3k and head towards $5k with labor. If you can do the work yourself, then you save $$$.
Houston Chevelle Club
1965 El Camino - Undergoing frame off resto, build thread
1970 SS 496 - Cortez Silver, black stripes, black int, forged bottom end, ported 781s, Eddy Air Gap, ProSystem carb, Lunati cam & rockers, Sanderson headers, Vintage Air Front runner, Century Transmission - 200R4, 12 bolt, 3.42s
1993 Formula - Racer Red, 355 LT1, 6 spd, ported heads, Eddy headers, CAIK, Comp cam, 1.6 roller rockers, Borla, Hotchkis, BMR, ROH, GY F1
2005 Tahoe - 20" wheels, cat back, programmer, CAIK, HIDs
2012 VW CC Lux+, 2.0 Turbo, DSG