Re: 383 Stroker won't rev past 4000rpm
Guys, I'll try and give a quick run down of where I have been with testing different stuff.
1. Cam break in on trailer, stock jetting, plugs look rich. No performance data due to being on trailer.
2. 1st sea trial, didn't run it hard or high, half the plugs on same intake plane look rich, half look lean (same plane)
3. Pulled carb, disassembled, cleaned, put in the fattest possible secondaries (I do believe at some point I spun it to 4k, on another day, and heard it rattling, and assumed it was lean on top, hence the fatter jets-can't remember when I noticed the plug issue). Checked edelbrock fuel filter, looked fine, flowed fine. Ran it again, plugs look rich, wet, sooty.
4. New fuel/water separator. No change.
5. Added pressure regulator, ran fine up to 2200rpm, didn't go any higher-kids in the boat. For some reason took it off before going for a WOT run.
6. New distributor, maybe picked up 100rpm.
7. Took it out by myslef, not much gear, no extra people (above had at least one other in boat). 4200rpm, 62.7(gps) --200rpm more than before, .7mph more than before
8. Next I will put the regulator back on, drop the jetting back to stock, and put the smaller 23p prop on.--I should also change the oil and check if its gassy smelling.