Team Chevelle banner

What bolt pattern???

6K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  texasgilbert 
#1 ·
I assumed that all the early chevy`s had a 5 x 4.75 bolt pattern! I went to the junkyard to get 4 bare 15" rims to put the chassis on to roll back under the body. I came home and tried to put them on and am finding out that it has 5 x 4.50! I did a disc brake upgrade and thought they sent me a wrong set of rotors but then measured the rear which I re-used the original axles and again found 4.50! Which is it?

#4 ·
You guys are correct as was I in my thinking except it`s right in front of me! I didn`t change out the rear-end and that has the 4.50 inch axles. Now am I measuring incorrectly? I went from center to center on the studs and the holes on the rims. I quit drinking a while ago so I`m not under the influence! This is really got me stumped!

#5 ·
I think you are saying your new used wheels will not fit the axle by 1/4". Without being there I'll guess you have 5 on 5" wheels. You need to measure the center line of the lugs, not lug to lug, because they are not across from each other............

The wheel section in a Summit catalog will have a picture of how to measure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.