Team Chevelle banner

Inspector near New Braunfels, TX

1K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Bunz-T 
#1 ·
I'm looking at a car on ebay in New Braunfels, TX and am curious if there is anyone on this forum in the area that could perform an inspection. The online inspection services take too long to get an inspector on scene.
Thanks!

#2 ·
Link to the auction?

#4 ·
The ad does not give good details on the car. No pictures of trim tag, build sheet, numbers/ codes, stamps and so on. Says something about being a 72 dash because of A/C. What ever that means. This may have a 72 fasten seat belt dash housing. They do not show that area of the dash in any pictures. Hmm. They way the ad is written makes me skeptical.

#8 ·
Says it's been off the frame but that front lower pic looks like it's never been apart. No mention of numbers matching, unwilling to send build sheet equals probable clone. There's better cars to be had at that price.

#9 ·
I'm 30 minute away from the seller but I don't know how to verify the build sheet or window sticker is legit. Doubt that he would let me take a pic of it to post here.

#11 ·
I'm no pro but if the seller thinks it's no big deal to put a 72 dash in it, because a/c???, who knows what else he changed to make whatever fit, I'd listen to Mr. Birdwell, that's a lot of coin for a car that might only be worth half the asking price, just my 2 cents

#12 ·
I have posted on here many times .................be careful of Texas built cars. If with solid research it keeps you interested my best friend lives in New Braunfels and is one of the most respected pickers in the area. He is not a car guy but I might get him to look and talk about it on the phone. I was beside him one day at the flea market and watched him turn a $20 1920's John B. Stetson hat into $1500 in 30 minutes.

#13 ·
Send me a PM with what you're looking for, specific colors and options and price range. Looking for numbers matching or just a car with docs.

Reactions: David Bates
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.