Team Chevelle banner

What are these?

505 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Gtogeoff 
#1 ·
Okay. They’re springs and spacers. But what is their purpose? Took them off ’72 Chevelle. I’m suspension ignorant. Why the short springs and the spacers? Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Makes me wonder what other suspension mods are on that chevelle.

They are sort of coilover type springs with adjustable spacers. Lots of options for spring rate and the threaded spacers allow for both ride height and loading each corner.

Previous owner must have been into handling and I doubt this was the only thing they did to the suspension.

#3 ·
Parts are all pretty new - except for a torn boot on an upper ball joint. Tears look like that might have been done by a pickle fork. Don’t see anything out of the ordinary. What would they have had to do to adjust these? It’s just a cruiser, and it sure rides better with the 1” lowered BMRs on it now.

#4 ·
Yep, bet it was pretty stiff. Usually part of what someone doing this would be going for. If no other mods for handling then maybe just trying to get the stance right without coilovers????? Kind of a long shot as I doubt someone would go that route.

With that type, I'm not sure if they could be adjusted by taking all weight off or if you had to separate the spindle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.