Team Chevelle banner

1967 Chevelle distribution block question

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Kopfjaeger 
#1 ·
Since I got no info on my brake upgrade question, I'll attempt to break it down into segments.

Using the frame mounted 67 distribution block, would there be an issue in installing a Willwood type adjustable pressure valve in the rear line from the master to the distribution block? The valve pictured below.

To recap, I'm running C5 calipers in the front snd the stock drum brakes in the rear.

I've never taken apart or refurbished a distribution block before. Is this something that's easily done? Mine's been disconnected for a while. Are there any specialty seals or o rings inside it?

Thanks in advance!

Joe

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
do you have a residual brake valve to the rear, the valve is just a valve to collect all line then go to front and rear theres a shuttle valve to set off brake light if system go on the fritz, im using a conversion kit from drum to disc ft, im going to use same distribution block but im using the hold valve prop valve used on original disc brakes 1967 chevelle on that system no residual valve to rear is required as per conversation with bill in my posting, great guy great info proporting valve posting

#3 ·
If your car had all drums originally, and it isn't modified, the distribution block has no moving parts. I just this past week disassembled mine and cleaned it out thoroughly. There was a thin gasket on the brake light switch is all I found. You should be able to plumb the proportioning valve in no problem...

#5 ·
Thanks all for the intell! I was under the impression there was some sort of moving valve inside the distribution block that activated the sensor in case of a pressure failure. I'll pull it apart and give it a good cleaning before using it.

I don't have a hold off valve in the system. From what I understand the hold off kept the rear drums from engaging for a short period of time. My biggest issue will be to adjust front to rear bias. Piston size on the c5's is larger than the single piston set up on the 68-72 stock A body calipers. Hence the need for the ability to adjust/ limit rear pressure. I think I got all of that right. We'll see!

Joe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.