Team Chevelle banner

Power steering

579 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  1967 chevelle malibu 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Not sure if this is the best place for this topic but I'll post in hopes it is or gets moved to a better spot.

I have a 67 Chevelle with a 327 and headers. It has power steering and I pulled it off another GM that had the same type pump but the rear mount didn't match (it's bolted on at the motor mount).

So I just went with the 1 bracket that mounts to the lower front of the block with 2 bolts and cradles the PS pump and has 1 bolt that runs on the bottom of the pump to hold it on the bracket.

For years it seemed to work but I've had some vibration issues lately and so I'm trying to eliminate anything that could be the source of the vibration.

I did a search and found the 1 bracket I have.....I also found the missing one (they both came with an existing PS pump so I'm thinking they are the pair that work together (see attachments).

My question is.....will that one on the back side work with headers? If so, does anyone know where I can find that rear bracket? I don't need the other one and the only one's I've seen so far come with both brackets and the pump.....X-SPENSIVE......

If not.....does anyone have a line on where I can find a set that would work on this small block setup?

Thanks.....

SC

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
yeah, that guy is here in Phx. He has miles of brackets and pulleys. He's on ebay as gotpulley

Alan Grove Components has this
400L - P.S.

he says it doesn't work on Chevelles but I don't get that. It's about the most compact setup I've seen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.