Team Chevelle banner

'67 Front Control Arm (A Arm) Cross Shaft?

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  SS70ElCaminoOwner 
#1 ·
Hi guys. I was in the middle of having my front control arms done and need to locate one part. I seem to be needing another cross shaft off a '67 chevelle. This is the shaft with 2 bushings that the upper A arm pivots on. I am looking for the same looking replacement. Not one of the newer styles. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks for any help.

See less See more
#2 ·
Don't know if 70 is the same or not but I have one if you can use it. Let me know. Pete

#4 ·
#5 ·
Well, I wasn't sure which one was stock on my car. When I got it all apart, I found 2 styles of cross shafts on it. I foud out my '67 parts car (currently in another state) has the same style of shafts on both a arms. My car has 1 at the moment. I was looking to see if I could find just a single cross shaft to save me a trip out of state and the time removing it from my parts car.

I looked around, and found pictures of another set of a arms out of a '67 chevelle and they also have the same style of cross shaft. (See first 2 pics below).

A shaft out of a '68 chevelle seems to look different. Instead of being a thick square style of shaft, it has a necked down shaft with the bolt holes having a bubble around them. (See last pic below).

If you have an extra shaft like my first pics, PM me a pic and price or something.

#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.