Team Chevelle banner

70 Atlanta built SS

18K views 107 replies 28 participants last post by  Rainer 
#1 ·
I thought I show everyone my Chevelle I been working on for 5 years. This car was VERY rough when found but its what I wanted. This car is a 03C, Atlanta built car, L34, M40. I am the 2nd owner of the car, it came with the original window sticker, POP, dealer bill of sale. The car has the born with engine, trans and rear end. I am trying to restore this car back to original.

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: BowtieGent
#70 ·
Well, Eric is finally done with my car. He had it for only 4 months but WOW. Would like to thank Jim, Rick and Dan for their help. Now I just have to get it home.

Attachments

#74 ·
Well its finally home( thanks Jim), I have one question, do I install the dash harness on the dash assembly or install it on the firewall? The car came in pieces when I got it so I have no idea. Any ideas would be great.

#76 ·
Impressive project/build, my compliments Robert. Enjoyed it from the start!

Reactions: 6t9er
#78 ·
I been going through all my parts to see what is missing, been collecting parts for 4-5years. I will get update pictures soon. Thanks for your help Jim.

#79 ·
Alright I have a dumb question. Does the front to rear wiring harness go under the underlayment? I looked through section 12 of the assembly manual with no luck.

#80 ·
updated pictures, working on the dash. Had Dan(Realred70) restored the dash and the dash pad.

Attachments

#83 ·
Well I got most of the under dash wiring done and installed the column. Also put the wiring harness number tags back on. Shifter is next.

Attachments

#84 ·
Sorry for not posting for awhile. I finally got the shifter and console installed. the Repo battery came this weekend and I did a electrical test. Had to fix the bulkhead connector, switch the wires on the starter, change the turn signal switch and fight a " Ground Up" front turn signal assembly that was wired backward. I also got the driveshaft and exhaust system 90% on( waiting on rear bumper assembly) and Fuel tank installed. Working on bleeding the brakes and all other fluids. The wife found me some NOS front turn signal lenses-BONUS.

Attachments

#87 ·
Looks Awesome!
I know you are proud.
Now time to enjoy it.

Reactions: 6t9er
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.