Team Chevelle banner

45 year project, 65 wagon

54K views 453 replies 35 participants last post by  Philip 
#1 ·
65 chevelle 2Dr Wagon is alive again. Just got the frame together and dropped in the 327,trans and rear. Motor really sounds good now on to body, paint, interior does this never end?

#5 ·
Re: 45 year project

Have redone this wagon seven times for body not frame off, eight motors ranging from 194,250.305,307,and now327. windows, panel and back to windows. Started married life with this being my wife's car I had a 64 Impala SS. Done a lot of sanding paint and patch work over the years. This is the last time for me and I hope the best. Frame off, new springs. frame repaired, brakes updated to disc in front, 65 327 small bearing 3 on the tree with 373 rear. Have body on the rotisserie for floors and body repair.

#7 ·

Looking good. You may want to reconsider using cherry bombs. I used them one time and it sounds like fire crackers. Couldn't stand the sound. That was with a full exhaust it might sound better without pipes.

#8 ·

The cherry bombs are not an option. My wife's dad had them on the car and she wants it back to it's former state. After 45years she gets what she wants on the last rebuild to remember her dad.

#12 ·

Hey Gary!

Thrilled to see another one of these wagons being saved! Mine was little more than a shell similar to that just a few years ago. I have a way to go before it's presentable, but am enjoying driving it again!

Keep up the great work - thanks for sharing your progress!

Augie

#17 ·

Just about done with floor prep. Started putting in inner finders I'll do them before the floor pan, only thing is the filler tube housing is a little hard to fab with nothing left of the old one.

#19 ·

Just about done with floor prep. Started putting in inner finders I'll do them before the floor pan, only thing is the filler tube housing is a little hard to fab with nothing left of the old one.
What does that filler tube tunnel look like? When I did the floors in my Jimmy I got one new so if it's something that would work you might want to check into it there cheap.

#27 · (Edited)

Got the seat set in just to see how it fit, it's been a few years, looks pretty good. Finished the filler tube housing and installed it in the inner finder. I'll try and put the finder in tomorrow. I really think my hardest challenge is going to be the cargo area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.