Team Chevelle banner

1967 Chevelle 6.0 Swap help needed please

5K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  mytmouz 
#1 ·
Hello:
I want to put a 6.0 engine and a 4L80E from a 2003 van. I have a few concerns: fitment, wire harness, rear end strength. The car is a 6 cylinder. I am planning on upgrading to all disc brakes, automatic shift on the floor, and EFI. I don't want to spend tens of thousands on parts. I already have the drive train. I might be able to get the whole donor vehicle. Can someone help me regarding getting a new complete wire harness, what things I might be able to use from the donor. My cousin is a body man and will paint it for free. Thank you for any help!!!!

#2 ·
Welcome to Team Chevelle.....:waving:

If you scroll down to the LSx forum on this site, you should find answers to your questions.

#3 ·
You will spend thousands on parts but not tens of thousands. You will need motor mount adaptors, maybe an oil pan, if you cannot trim your old harness an aftermarket one runs about $500 - $600. Get one with a fuse and relay panel. The optimum ECM to use is the 0411, the van may or may not have that. New radiator, accessory drive system as most times the truck set up is not compatible with a car frame.

#5 ·
I am doing this swap, but with a stick shift in my 67. I am using the holley swap mounts and oil pan, and the truck accessories fit fine with the forward bias brackets they sell. (this allows the truck a/c compressor to fit)...

You can have the van harness modified and the ecm that came with it reflashed to delete VATS for a reasonable price, if keeping the engine stock...

#10 ·
I used Dirty Dingo brand adjustable mounts and smaller dia. power steering pulley, Mast (Holley) oil pan, hooker exhaust manifolds, shift works shifter to fit the factory console, vaporworx tank from Rick's tanks, an off-brand radiator with fans, ECU and longer harness from PSI Conversions.
Tons of info on LStech forums too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.