A close inspection of the gaskets showed no signs of oil getting passed into the intake ports.
The oil I use (Mobil1 5W30) is the same oil I have used for a while now and the consumption has increased lately. If I had changed brands, grades or type, that would certainly be a clue and have me considering the oil as perhaps being the culprit.
I have the "Crane's Corvettes" OE style valve covers and the stock box-style baffles inside are very basic, so I am using Edelbrock's A&B epoxy putty to close up all the gaps with exception of a gap furthest and lowest from the PCV grommet for the PCV to inhale from.
When the epoxy has set, I will fill it with a course non-disintegrating steel wool in hope to baffle it further and offer plenty of surface area over the longest distance within the baffle that hopefully catches the oil mist particles.
At the lowest points when installed, I have also a couple of 1/8" holes for oil drain back off the steel wool.
If that fails, then perhaps I will consider an in-line oil separator along the PCV hose and see what is being caught. Some info on a Google search shows some new cars catching plenty of oil from the PCV hose, that would otherwise be ingested into the engine. Maybe that is what is happening here.
FWIW, I am going to swap the valve stem seals on just the intakes and along with my new valve cover gaskets, see how oil consumption goes from here.
Thanks for your responses and ideas guys.
Something like this stuff..