Team Chevelle banner

7 years and DONE..

5K views 49 replies 32 participants last post by  71 454 
#1 ·
Well after 7 long years our car is finally done. I just want to thank all the people who have ever helped us any anyway during this journey. I want to name a few. Chris Straub and his crew, Scott Foxwell, Mike Lewis, Tom Mobley, Dale H, Ramey,... I could go on and on. We seriously could not have built this car with out all the tech help, suggestions, connections, vendors, etc, that this forum is all about. Needless to say it has been a blast working with my son as we started out when he was 16yrs and finished at 23yrs. making life long memories. Now I think he knows more than me..:). We have done everything to this car except paint and body..I mean everything.:thumbsup:. Now we can finally drive this ride and enjoy. Once again thanks to the best forum on the web. ..:thumbsup:

See less See more
#2 ·
That's awesome, well done and the car looks great! I've accepted I will have to wait until I retire in 3 yrs to get my stuff done. My sons will be at a great age to help out too.

Reactions: 71 454
#6 ·
That's the way to restore a car to make it fun and safe to drive hard if need be. Beautiful work!

Congrats on getting to do it with your son.

#9 ·
Very nice job, the frustration is over.

#20 ·
Car looks fantastic,,
Congratulations on a job well done guys :thumbsup:

#23 ·
Great looking car! Congratulation on the win at Goodguys. My wife and I we're working parking and registration at the Home Built Heaven and Young Guns lot where you checked in. A win at Goodguys IS a big deal.

#25 ·
Great looking car! Congratulation on the win at Goodguys. My wife and I we're working parking and registration at the Home Built Heaven and Young Guns lot where you checked in. A win at Goodguys IS a big deal.
Thats awesome. Yes it`s huge, he won the Young Gun pic...top build 25 yr and under. We were blown away. He also was interviewed and they took some pre pics for an upcoming spread in Chevelle Magazine. We literally finished the car at 1:30 a.m. Friday morning then headed out. It was a crazy weekend..just blown away. Makes it all worth it for sure.:thumbsup:

#35 ·
The best thing about this whole deal is that Father and Son aspect. Congrats to the 2 of you to have the relationship make something like this come to reality. The whole car is just gorgeous!!! Kudo's to the Kent and Kam!!!!!!!

If yo send me an 8 x 10 I will frame it and put it on our customer appreciation wall.

#38 ·
Chris, Thanks so much. You know your a huge part in this from day one and Scott of course. Thank You all the advice and help you`ve given Kam on the motor. I`ve stayed out of it on purpose. He needed to do most of this himself..only way they learn right :thumbsup:. The motor is a beast and of course the cam is perfect. What a great time we had building this ourselves. Once again, Thanks and we would be honored to have a pic of the car on your wall.:D.

#36 ·
I've read thru this thread 3 times (and counting).
What a spectacular job you two have done - I'm geeking out over this.

Feel free to post more pics if you have them.
I can't get enough of this stuff.

Regards

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.