Team Chevelle banner

Honk is now famous :)

3K views 36 replies 26 participants last post by  Lilracr 
#1 ·
1320video has one on the Crew Cab Chevelle. Congrats on completing DW and the car runs awesome as always.

#26 ·
I finished! That was the #1 goal. My final 5 day average was 8.597 @ 159.8 mph

The Drag Week feed is hilarious. Freiburger was babbling bubbles in the commentary during the feed, when Rick launched it sounded like he was going to fall out of his chair he was screaming so loud. I'll look for the link.

Well, I just happen to have that link handy.

This is the wheelstand from the live feed. Turn the volume up and listen to the reaction:

https://youtu.be/hsdp1nVZw28?t=5h37m34s

#25 ·
The Drag Week feed is hilarious. Freiburger was babbling bubbles in the commentary during the feed, when Rick launched it sounded like he was going to fall out of his chair he was screaming so loud. I'll look for the link.

#27 ·
Awesome, I always enjoy reading his posts--very informative!

#28 ·
Thank you Rick, you should put the link in your signature. Your other runs were just skipping the front tires. I would quote everything they said in the booth, it was awesome. Glad it didn't hurt your average hanging it up there.

#29 ·
That is a good idea.

Luckily my average was already solidified with this 8.52 earlier in the day:

https://youtu.be/hsdp1nVZw28?t=4h7m48s

The wheelstand pass was my attempt to go into the 8.20's. But in order to do it I had to put in power earlier in the run because from 3.5 seconds till the end of the track I was already ising as much boost as the little 80mm can make. So in went alot of the timing i had out early in the run, and in went boost pretty much as fast as i could make it. I knew I was risking standing it up, but figured it was going to run a new best by alot, or put on a show, and with a 3.00 rear gear I talked myself into it not standing up. In hindsight I could have stiffened the front shocks and probably not stood it up.

The real ET killer on the run was how early I shifted, the front end was still rising when i shifted 1-2, and i was in 3rd before the tree, i'm still surprised that it stayed up and carried the front end that far with a 3.00 rear gear.

Of course when it is all said and done, i think the way it played out was perfect.

#31 ·
Well Rick if you had a 3 car team you would have it figure it out already. Slow steady progress, and having fun is the main thing, Good job

#32 ·
Out of curiosity what was your fuel mileage & how many miles did you put on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.