I'm officially starting my build thread for my next BBC.
This will be an on going thread showing progression from beginning to end results on the engine dyno.
This is going to be a 496" pump gas BBC.
HP goal is ~740-760hp @ 6800-7100 RPM
TQ goal is ~640-660hp @ 4700-4900 RPM
- 1976 2-bolt main block. Yes, I'm going to test the strength of a studded 2-bolt block with this build.
- Forged 4340 internal balance 4.25" stroke crank
- Forged 4340 H-Beam 6.385" rods w/ ARP 2000 bolts
- Mahle 18cc small dome 4.310" coated pistons
- Rotating assy is balanced to 0.1 gram
- Mahle regular tension ring pack
- Clevite H Bearings on rods/mains
- Block is @ machine shop getting line honed, bored +.060", honed with tq. plates, parallel decked, setting deck height to 9.786" leaving the pistons .006" in the hole, running an .039" gasket gives a ~.045" quench.
- Dart Pro 1 335cc CNC heads. 2.30 Intake valve, 1.88 Exhaust valve. Stock 121cc chambers yields ~9.91:1 SCR
- I was thinking about having the heads milled to 114cc to get a 10.56:1 SCR but I don't see the HP/$ gains worth it. 0.5 point of compression which = ~10 hp not worth $250.
- Dart single plane intake
- Pro-Systems 4150 1000hp carb
- Preliminary billet solid roller cam specs are:
275*/285* @ 0.050"
.720"/.690" Gross Lift
109 LSA installed on a 106 ICL
- Isky Red Zone EZ roll lifters
- 1.8 stud mount Harland Sharp Rocker
- ARP fasteners throughout
A pretty basic deal really.
Rods (chinese junk)
Mahle's Powerpak Coated Pistons