Team Chevelle banner

Replacement metal

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  BlueSS454 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
You can't beat AMD there sheet metal is the cream of the crop no Chinese junk real steel and it fits

#4 ·
I have almost 90 percent of the metal amd sells for the 66-67.

Door shells are not their tooling and SUCK, fenders are so so, qtrs are decent but they have imperfections as well.

I have a trunk lid I wont even think about using, two door shells for sale, and I fenders will need major rework at the bottom to fit the contour of doors correctly.

The cowl hood is thin and mine had a bunch of high sharp small points all over the surface and I have no clue why...

If there part numbers are marked with a X then it is not there tooling...and from what I have found the quality is much less of a part without the X.....

Im no where near experienced and this is only my opinion. I had a shop fit the panels and weld in and now I am left with a headache. I am trying to source some OEM doors at the moment.

#7 ·
The fit is one thing. I could see them taking a bit to get the tooling done right, but why would they use thin steel? There's just no excuse for this level of quality.

I have some cherry OEM doors for you, but they come with the rest of the car :D

I gave up on my quest for a 66 hood and fixed mine. Ends up the frame of the hood was bent because of pulling down against those hinge springs.

#5 ·
I have a 68 malibu ht with full quarters, SS hood, doors, pass fender that are Goodmark, I thought I ordered AMD, pretty sure I did, and got those parts, the 1st body shop quit working on the car because the guy couldn't get things to fit, 1 year to the week and 3K in his pocket I pulled the car and went to another shop and it's together and looks good, it all has to be worked from what every body guy I'v talked to, and it was a lot, BTW I think my drv side fender is AMD...???, Golden Legion frt bumper is very nice, Goodmark rear bumper from Summit is very nice, gotta get the higher $ one though

#6 ·
:cool: Here's a "heads up" about AMD: They are a "dealer" as well as a "manufacturer." AMD sells what they make and they'll "tell" you on their web site if a part is made by them or if they're selling other manufacturer's stuff as a dealer. Check the part before you buy to be sure it's an "AMD Brand Name" part. I don't know where they get their "AMD Brand Name" parts, probably Taiwan like everybody else, but their "AMD Brand Name" parts are far better then everybody elses' parts.

#11 ·
I used AMD floor and trunk pans on my 67. Only issue was the step where the e brake comes up through the floor was a couple of inches higher than the original. I also used the AMD upper dash shell and the inner a pillars. All good there. I ordered the AMD "X" deck lid, it was actually a Goodmark part. No problem there either...

Wish they made the rear sail panel patches...

#14 ·
In regards to the AMD 66 fenders, I had the same problem with the contour on the bottom half of the fender where it meets the door. It takes literally 10 minutes to fix from start to finish. It's not a huge deal. Cut the brace in the back where the bulge is the highest, put the fender back on the car and put steady pressure on it until it does what you want it to do. Once it's where it needs to be, weld the gap in the brace closed. Problem solved.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.