Team Chevelle banner

Big fines for Robocallers

2K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  thunderstruck507 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Yea & I wish they could nail those other guys too, the ones that are probably calling from their bus or van that says online pharmacy. & sometime when they call, the caller ID comes up your own number & name.

#3 ·
I got one of those calls saying that they were installing home security systems in my neighborhood, they said they could give me great discount since they were already in the area. I told him since they were already in my neighborhood if he could have their representative at my house in 10 minutes I would buy their most expensive system. He hung up and I never heard from him again.

Reactions: JWagner
#4 ·
Used to get alarm system now get solar. They don't seem to care about the no call list and they change numbers daily so blocking on my cell does no good. I had tried to be nice. Now I either play along for twenty min giving them bs info or just be downright nasty. I do warn them before I let them have it.

#8 ·
I had the solar people getting excited when on the phone with them. Answered all of the questions, stated i did not have a mortgage which really got them into the selling mode. Was transferred up the line to three different people all the way up to a local company. After over 40 minutes they hung up on me when I told them the only people making money on solar are the sales people and the installers, saving 2 cents per KWH made a net payback after 10 years of -12%. And that was if no repairs or maintenance were needed. It was 40 minutes that they could not be bothering anyone else and I had nothing better to do that day.
The upside is no solar sales calls since then, I must have been blacklisted.

Reactions: LeoP and b&b's69
#10 ·
I have a Land Line just for my Alarm System, and in case of emergency. I put an old answering machine on it and you would not believe how many calls it gets. There is no message, it just answers...... Hello.....Hello.....Hello.....Anybody There...........It cracks me up the dumb messages they leave.......They are not smart enough to know they are talking to Dead Air.

#12 ·
It's a recording, I think if you listen long enough they'd ask for a CC number.

#14 ·
This has been years ago and I don’t really condone it.. but at the time it about made me pee my pants.

Buddy and I were setting at this house drinking some whiskey and watching TV before we went out looking for some ladies. He gets a call on his home phone and I can hear his vague answers to her questions… yeah… ok... I guess…

After a few minutes of this he says to her…. I just have to tell you that your voice is so lovely I’m feeling the need to touch myself while you talk. CLICK, that ended the call. :D

#16 ·
At least FOUR times in just the last two days I received those calls from Windows Technical Support that my computer is sending them 'messages'.

The guys with East Indial accents every time. I ask them "Do people actually fall for this scam?" And they hang up.

I wish there wer some way to track these callers and shut them down. Somehow the manage to spoof the system into showing a local number so that doesn't give any hints as to where they are calling from.

And the calls from 'Racheal' still come, not so often any longer.

'Still a lot of those "your business has been selected...."

I hang up one all of these recordings.

#20 ·
At least FOUR times in just the last two days I received those calls from Windows Technical Support that my computer is sending them 'messages'.

The guys with East Indial accents every time.
Those guys used to call my office. Finally one day I was the only one here and was listening to some Lamb of God metal songs while I was working and I spoke very quietly to him for a moment until he asked me to repeat myself...at that point I put the phone receiver near my speaker and cranked them wide open for a minute before hanging up.

The dude called back and the first words out of his mouth were a very angry slow "you sorry mother _____". So I gave him another dose.

That particular scam doesn't call here anymore.

Reactions: BossHogg69
#17 ·
Haven't got the call from the IRS lately, that's good. They must have busted them.

#18 ·
The CC call allows you to press 1 for a representative or 2 to stop receiving these calls.
Pressing either one tell them you are a person that is engaged and they can call back anytime.

I pressed 1 and when the rep got on the phone, I told him in no polite terms to take my name off the list.

*click*

They will call back.

#21 · (Edited)
One nice summer day I was out in the yard working on my fence, I was expecting a pretty important call so when I heard my house phone ringing I ran like heck to get the phone. When I got to the phone all out breath a guy was trying to sell carpet cleaning, I cussed him out and called him a few not nice names and then hung up. I went back to work on the fence and 5 minutes later the phone rang again, I ran just like last time, picked it up all out of breath again and the same guy was on there, he just said "same to you buddy" and hung up. I just had to laugh.

#22 ·
We get them up here too.
The voice on the phone is just someone trying to make a living like the rest of us, The people that pay them are the ones to be pissed at. But they are nowhere to be found.
Must be a horrible job knowing you will either be messed with, yelled at, or hung up on everytime you make a call.
And I am not preaching because I have done all three

#23 ·
There is a difference between the telemarketers and the scammers though. I get calls from the university I attended all the time...just kids trying to make money to pay for their school so I am polite and just tell them please remove me from the list.

The foreign scammers on the other hand I will mess with in any horrible way I can find.

Reactions: jfkheat
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.