Team Chevelle banner

Highway safety in Russia-- the video

1K views 15 replies 16 participants last post by  68-13427 
#1 ·
I made it through 15 minutes of this and decided that going anywhere near a road in Russia was not in my plans. But owning a towing company there would be like a license to print money.

#2 ·
Big magnet trucks to lift all that stuff.... from the sort of same professional s that brought us the legendary Yugo, the driving skills to match...somehow I am not enthralled about US drivers either...

#5 ·
I used to go to the Pick & Pull yard in Oakland at least once a week. You would see more cars that had been in high speed crashes than all of the other Bay Area yards combined, even though each of the others were a minimum of twice the size. Lousy areas tend to have bad drivers because less of the population gives a damn about others, there are much more aggressive and unpredictable drivers, normal rules of the road don't apply to them. When you go to nicer areas the drivers are more courteous, there is more give and take.

Steve R

#6 ·
I made it through 15 minutes of this and decided that going anywhere near a road in Russia was not in my plans. But owning a towing company there would be like a license to print money.

Brutal Car Accidents 1 - YouTube
Or a mortician. That very first one was pretty bad and set the theme for the rest. It seems as if everybody is cruising along and then some a-hole comes blazing through at twice the speed, What the hell are they thinking?

#8 ·
Or a mortician. That very first one was pretty bad and set the theme for the rest.
I had to watch that twice to realize he was crushes.by a dump truck..in the very worst way.
It seems as if everybody is cruising along and then some a-hole comes blazing through at twice the speed, What the hell are they thinking?
That is what I was wondering, too. It felt like a vast majority of the crashes were due to either (1) people driving at some obnoxious speed, (2) not paying attention and suddenly drifting into oncoming traffic, or (3) flying through an intersection (which is a combination of #1 and #2).

Things like this should be educational videos.. People quickly forget they are hurling a ~1.5Ton object down the road.

#11 ·
The people over there drive like suicidal maniacs. I've seen every last one of those videos. It's so bad there they have laws where you have to have a dash cam rolling all the time because there are so many accidents they can never figure out who is at fault.

#14 ·
I always try to keep 10 to 15 car lengths in front of me...

Many years ago I remember reading the "Hey Smokey" section in Mechanics Illustrated and Smokey saying, "stay out of the pack!!"... Every time I get close to the guy in front of me that line pops up in my thoughts...

I read the majority of Russians are alcoholics.... That would explain the erratic driving in the video..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.